Chronic diseases like diabetes, hypertension, obesity and thyroid problems are becoming increasingly common. Medicines provide temporary relief but do not address the root cause. What if simply changing your diet could cure these conditions over time without medicines? In this detailed guide, learn how switching to a nutrient-dense whole food plant-based diet can reverse chronic health issues sustainably.
The Link Between Food and Disease
When we hear that food can cure diseases, it seems unbelievable. We tend to think medicines are the only way to treat health issues. But there is a direct link between the food we eat and the likelihood of developing chronic diseases.
Over the years, studies have proven that a diet centered around unprocessed plant foods can prevent, manage and often reverse conditions like diabetes, PCOS, hypertension and obesity. Thousands worldwide have been able to ditch medicines and heal their bodies simply by changing their diets and lifestyles.
In this article, we will explore a natural diet plan that is optimal for human health. But before learning what to eat, it is crucial to eliminate toxins from the body.
Preparing the Body – Removing Toxins and Waste
The human body is designed to thrive on natural whole foods like fruits, vegetables, seeds and nuts. But modern diets are centered around overly processed and packaged foods. When such nutrient-deficient foods enter our system, toxins accumulate over time.
Think of it like putting diesel into a petrol car. For the car to work properly again, the diesel must first be removed. Similarly, before introducing wholesome foods into our systems, existing toxins and undigested matter must be eliminated.
There are three powerful ways to remove accumulated waste and toxins from the body:
- Consuming aloe vera juice first thing in the morning to pull out toxins
- Doing salt water flushes to cleanse the digestive tract
- Practicing dry fasting, where no food or water is consumed for specified periods
For detailed information on detoxification, watch this [link to detox video]. Now let’s learn about the optimal diet for human health.
4 Qualities of Ideal Health Foods
Instead of prescribing a generic diet chart, it is better to understand the basic guiding principles of natural wholesome eating:
- Living Foods Living foods are unprocessed plant foods like fruits, vegetables, seeds and nuts that can grow into new plants. On the other hand, packaged snack foods are ‘dead’ as they contain no life force. Living foods nourish our bodies whereas dead junk foods burden our systems.
- Wholeness Each whole natural food has a unique ratio of carbs, protein, fats, fiber and nutrients. For instance, brown rice is a whole grain while white rice is processed and fragmented. Nature creates each food with care – we should honor that wholeness.
- Plant-Based The human body is designed to eat a plant predominant diet. Animal products like meat, eggs and dairy are difficult to digest and linked to higher disease risk.
- Water Rich The body is 70% water. Adequate hydration is key. Fruits and veggies have high water content. Dehydrating foods like grains and nuts should be balanced with water-rich plant foods.
Ideal Meal Plan for Optimal Health
Based on these principles, here is a simple, balanced and hydrating meal plan that floods the body with nutrients from natural plant foods:
Morning: Start your day with a glass of aloe vera juice to aid detoxification. Wait for at least 2 hours before eating anything afterwards.
Breakfast: Eat a large bowl of fresh in-season fruits, preferably water-rich ones like melons, oranges, grapes and berries. You can top it with some coconut flakes.
Lunch: Have vegetable chapatis along with coconut and herb based sabzi. Chapatis can be made from 50% wheat + 50% shredded veggies like spinach or bottle gourd. Accompany with liberal amounts of sabzi to aid digestion. Brown rice can also be eaten instead of chapatis occasionally.
Evening: Have a fruit smoothie or coconut water. You can also snack on a few coconut slices if hungry. Avoid processed snacks like biscuits and chips.
Dinner: Eat a salad made from raw seasonal veggies + greens + sprouts + herbs. Avocado or tahini dressing can be used for added nutrition. For extra hydration and nourishment, have a veggie soup made without grains, dairy or oil.
- Drink water only when thirsty through the day
- Avoid dairy as it is mucus forming. Coconut milk is a healthier alternative
- Grains are best eaten only once a day in the current sedentary lifestyle
- This is optimal for weight loss and disease reversal. For athletic people or growing kids, more grains can be eaten if digestion is robust.
In this whole food plant-based diet, the focus is on getting daily nutrition primarily from fresh natural plant sources instead of processed food products. Medicines may provide temporary relief but food is the ultimate medicine! With this lifestyle, you can become your own doctor and permanently heal your body.